36 students fall sick after lizard found in mid-day meal at govt school in Bihar

36 students fall sick after lizard found in mid-day meal at govt school in Bihar

By India Today News Desk: Thirty-six students fell ill after a lizard was found in their mid-day meal at a government school in Bihar’s Saran district. The reptile was discovered by one of the students on his plate.

The incident occurred on Thursday when the students received their mid-day meals at the government school. A student found the lizard on his plate and immediately informed the teacher-in-charge. Subsequently, the school discontinued the mid-day meal service.

The students who complained of health issues were immediately rushed to Sadar Hospital, where they are now out of danger.

“The 36 students are now stable and are out of danger,” said Dr Santosh, Sadar Hospital.

ALSO READ | Now, millet-based food for Chhattisgarh students in mid-day meal

Meanwhile, the district administration received information from the government school about the incident.

Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Sanjay Kumar Rai reached the hospital to find out the condition of the students.

“Forty students had consumed the mid-day meal, of which 36 fell sick. Action will be taken against the NGO responsible for supplying the food to the students of the government school,” the SDM said.

The government school’s headmaster Suman Kumari said, “The NGO brought the food for the mid-day meals to be given to the students. One student informed us that a lizard had been found on his plate. After that, the health of the 36 students started to deteriorate. We immediately rushed them to Sadar Hospital. They are doing fine now.”

On July 16, 2013, twenty-three students died after consuming a mid-day meal contaminated with pesticide at a primary school in Mashrakh in Saran district.

ALSO READ | Student kills woman classmate, then shoots self in Greater Noida university

Source Link

Loading

Leave a Reply